Tuesday, August 29, 2006

the world according to me...

there's nothing special or spectacular about me or what i do... i love people, every aspect of them... people watching is one of my favorite things to do, i guess that would explain my love of photography. i love the idea that God has given me a talent where i can capture things that he calls beautiful in a lens and record it forever. pictures are the only thing from our past that can truly live on... true stories can be told, but what is a story without a picture? pictures bring life back into a story... and i am so thankful that God has given me this gift.

i use to think that i was not artistic (i can only draw stick figures), but i have always loved pictures, i loved taking them, looking at them... everything about them. they spoke to me. now, i see that art is not in what you draw, but what you see, what you hear, what you do. art is in our life. musicians, painters, poets, dancers, photographers, and people who live their lives can truly be artists! what i am trying to say was so perfectly said by a friend of mine "photography is the art of preserving time". so yay... i am artistic... that makes me happy...

ok, the babbling must stop, i am no longer making sense. this is a picture i did of a friends triplets. they are all 17! can you imagine having 17 year old triplets... to me that is insane... the real kicker is when you meet the "kids" and find out how amazing they are...


brooke